ant-user mailing list archives

From RPea...@360commerce.com
Subject Re: Naughty JAXB xjc task is forcing recompilation
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:49:40 GMT
The xsd files are 09/28/2004  09:19 AM and the resulting java files are
09/28/2004  09:45 AM. Thus, if I rebuild, I would expect them to skip the
xjc task. However, that's not the case.

dont.jaxb.compile is a property the user can set to skip the jaxb compile.
I have a similar property for all tasks. For example, all junit tests are
compiled by default but I allow developers to set dont.java-test.compile
in case they want to skip them.

It seems to me that the xjc task is not reading the file timestamps
correctly.

Robert

Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
09/21/2004 02:06 PM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

user@ant.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Naughty JAXB xjc task is forcing recompilation

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, <RPearse@360commerce.com> wrote:

> [xjc] the last modified time of the outputs is -9223372036854775808

Looks very strange, this almost looks like an integer overflow.  What
is the file modification time of the generated sources?  Hmm, I
vaguely recall strange values if the file doesn't really exist.

How do you determine whether your build should set dont.jaxb.compile?
<uptodate>?

Stefan