ant-user mailing list archives

From "Satish Jeejula" <Satish_Jeej...@irco.com>
Subject javac ant task
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:29:33 GMT
Hi All,

I have a build file that compiles java files from 2 locations. Javac
portion of the task is pasted below:

<javac

srcdir="${wt_home}/src/ext/:${wt_home}/wtSafeArea/siteMod/src"
            destdir="${builddir}"
            debug="on"
            failonerror="true">
            <classpath refid="compile.codebase.class.path"/>
</javac>

The 2 locations are: ${wt_home}/src/ext/ and
${wt_home}/wtSafeArea/siteMod/src.

When I run  the target, it compiles all the files from first location
every time. But does not compile files from second location all the
time.

I thought that javac will only compile if no class file is present or
when there is new version of java file. Bizarre thing is it is complying
with this rule for files in second location and does not for the files
in first location.

Has anyone seen this behavior and if so can explain what am missing?

Thanks,
Satish

The information contained in this message is privileged and intended only for the recipients
named. If the reader is not a representative of the intended recipient, any review, dissemination
or copying of this message or the information it contains is prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender, and delete the original message
and attachments.