ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <>
Subject RE: PropertySet use in macro
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:26:03 GMT
Passing a PropertySet with a <mapper> allows me to pass collections of
properties and have the actual parameter names different from the formal
parameter names.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson []
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 1:13 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: PropertySet use in macro

--- Dominique Devienne <> wrote:
> It's a bit like <javac
> attributefile="" />
> With that contains:
> debug = true
> listfiles = false
> And automagically it's equivalent to
> <javac debug="true" listfiles="false" />
> Very obscure and weird in fact. No, I don't like it.
> Not sure if I'd be -1 yet, but I'm pretty close.

Weird, yes... I said it was insane.  But it doesn't
look like it would be particularly dangerous to anyone
who didn't want to use it.  To keep things in
perspective, I will say that I think local properties
would allow you to do most if not all of what you
could do with this.  So if we get local properties
this becomes unimportant.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: