ant-user mailing list archives

From "Koji Sekiguchi" <koji.sekigu...@bluemartini.com>
Subject RE: Websphere ant tasks.
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:24:50 GMT
Hi srikrishna,

I'm from WebLogic world, too. So I thought I have to
provide XMI files in war and ear files for deploying them
on WebSphere, but I couldn't find any document regarding
XMI files. With WebLogic, I provide weblogic-ejb-jar.xml for
ejb jar file, weblogic.xml for war file and weblogic-application.xml
for ear file by myself. But with WebSphere, I provide only
ejb-jar.xml for ejb jar file, web.xml for war file and application.xml
for ear file. Then I deploy these files on WebSphere and
I provide answers as per questions from WebSphere
deployment wizard, WebSphere embeds XMI files
for those files.

You should be able to find good examples under
WebSphere install directory.

Or, I'd written an article for a monthly magazine JavaWorld
in Japan. The article was comparison between WebLogic 8.1
and WebSphere 5.0. While the main topic of the article was JCA,
I also wrote Servlets and EJBs to explain JCA specification.
You can download the sample programs from:

ftp://ftp.idg.co.jp/pub/jw/0402/jca.zip

In the above ZIP file, you can find how I use jar, war and
ear Ant tasks for both WebLogic and WebSphere.

I hope this helps.

regards,

Koji