ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Pruitt" <SPru...@exstream.com>
Subject Execute failed: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: - I have tried about everything
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:15:28 GMT
I cannot get an exec to work.  I get an error that seems to be caused by not ant not knowing
where to find the executable.  If I explicitly set Path with the executable dir it works fine.
 As soon as I remove it from Path and try setting it through ant.  It fails.  My project looks
like...

<project name="Project build" default="war_build" basedir=".">
:
:
<property environment="env"/>
:
<property name="build" location="${basedir}/build"/>
<property name="bin" location="${build}/bin"/>
:
:
<target name="compile">
   <exec executable="mxmlc">
      <env key="Path" path="${env.Path};${bin}"/>
      <arg line="-configuration ${configFile} ${client}/my.mxml"/>
   </exec>
</target>

If I echo the value of bin it is set correctly.  Also if I dump the env variables in the cmd
window after running ant, Path does not have the bin directory.

-SP