ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Davidson" <Je...@rocketgaming.com>
Subject Automated installation creation
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:46:13 GMT
Ant-users,

I'm currently using CruiseControl and Ant to build a
multi-language-sourced project.  I have a few libraries being compiled
from Delphi source code, and a few more being built from C++ code.
Together with the main executable (compiled from C++ source) they make
up the project that I need to combine into a single installable package.
We currently have a Wise InstallBuilder script that builds an
installation executable.  The problem is that the Wise tools themselves
don't seem to be automatable.  That is, I cannot find *any* information
about running the Wise InstallBuilder from the command-line, which would
enable me to call it from Ant when triggered by CruiseControl.  So, I'm
doing some research into alternative installation builders since no one
here in my office is especially keen on keeping the Wise InstallBuilder
package.

I know that most of you are packaging Java classes into jar/ear/war
files for deployment, but I know I'm not the only one using
CruiseControl/Ant to monitor/build non-Java projects.  Are any of you in
that subset creating your installation executables within Ant?  If so,
what package are you using to do so?  Unfortunately (for me), I have
very little experience with installation creation packages, like Wise or
Windows Installer.  In fact, those are the only two I can think of.

Any advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Jeff Davidson
Software Developer
Rocket Gaming Systems
(604) 738-7865 x142

This electronic message transmission, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of the
individuals to which this e-mail is addressed and is to be reviewed and used exclusively for
authorized company purposes.  This transmission may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified
that any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or taking of any action in
reliance upon the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you believe you
may have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return email and delete or destroy the original message and/or any copy of it from your computer
system and/or your files.  Thank you.