ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Davidson" <Je...@rocketgaming.com>
Subject RE: Exceptions
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:57:05 GMT
If I recall from yesterday (Subject: CLASSPATH), Travis is running Ant
within Weblogic.  I'm relatively certain that his problem is the same
one I encountered running Ant from within the tip revision of Cruise
Control: the ant-launcher.jar file is not referenced within the
classpath, but should be.  Setting ANT_HOME is useful when building the
classpath in a script to launch Cruise Control, but it still remains
that the classpath being built isn't including ant-launcher.jar.

Clear as mud?  Hopefully it makes sense.

Basically, he is not (as I am not) running %ANT_HOME%\bin\ant.bat (or
the equivalent), which builds an explicit -classpath argument (using
%ANT_HOME%) and explicitly adds ant-launcher.jar.

Regards,
~Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
Sent: September 16, 2004 09:49
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Exceptions

1) make sure your CLASSPATH is *not* set
2) make sure that /etc/ant.conf is not present
3) make sure that ANT_HOME is set correctly

peter

Travis Quarterman wrote:

>Greetings!
>
>When I execute Ant I am getting this error, "Exception in thread "main"

>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher." Here is my CLASSPATH:
>
>CLASSPATH=/export/home/me/src/ant-1.6.2/lib/ant.jar:/export/home/me/src
>/ant-1.6.2/lib/ant-launcher.jar:/usr/local/we

This electronic message transmission, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of the
individuals to which this e-mail is addressed and is to be reviewed and used exclusively for
authorized company purposes.  This transmission may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified
that any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or taking of any action in
reliance upon the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you believe you
may have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return email and delete or destroy the original message and/or any copy of it from your computer
system and/or your files.  Thank you.