ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ray Madigan" <...@madigans.org>
Subject lists of lists
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:33:07 GMT
I have a complicated development environment and want to do something like
the following:

all.list=alist,blist,clist

alist=a,b,c
blist=d,e,f
clist=g,h,j

<foreach param="sublist.name" list="alist" target="foo"/>

<target name="foo">
  <foreach param="component.name" list="${sublist.name}" target="bar"/>
</target>

<target name="bar">
  <echo message="Project: ${sublist.name} Component: ${component.name}/>
</target>

Of course this won't work because properties aren't variables and I can't
set the property sublist.name to the value of the property represented by
the string alist for example.

The reason I want to do this is each list in all.list represents a directory
with components and I want to
be able to treat the directories generically, all the same.  Some of them
are internal directories and
some of the directories are supplied by customers and I don't want to have
to have the client have to add
to the xml build files.

Thanks if anyone can help.