ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: [Thanks]Re: Best way to run Ant without installing it?
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:03:03 GMT
> From: Emmanouil Batsis [mailto:Emmanouil.Batsis@eurodyn.com]
> I now use
>
> java -jar /path/to/ant/lib/ant-launcher.jar -buildfile
/path/to/build.xml

> without changing env properties. The ant lib classpath is resolved by
> the launcher. I could use the ant scripts, but i'd have to branch
> between .sh .bat (I'm using izpack to build a crossplatform installer)
> but calling java works equally well everywhere.
>
> The AntBuild class is a very usefull start for another idea of mine so
> thanks John!.
>
> Many thanks again all,

The only thing missing might be the ant.home property,
as I don't think the launcher sets it (the scripts do).
I use this property in my build script to reference XSL
stylesheets for example, so without it the build would fail.

The launcher could be changed to set it, if it's not set
(assuming it doesn't do it already). --DD