ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Recursive Ant and Properties
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:54:10 GMT
> From: Victor Volle [mailto:victor.volle.ml@swissmail.org]
> All projects and subprojects import a common build file.
> The problem starts when a property (e.g. "foo") is set in
> a project (e.g. "A") that should have a different value in
> a subproject ("A1").
>
> <subant inheritall="true" ...>

I've got a few large builds which heavily use <subant>, and
I never use property inheritance. All properties are computed
(and recomputed) in the imported build file. This makes each
individual build an island in itself, independent of any other
build. I just have simple recursing builds to set only private
properties before calling the sub-builds.

In a few cases, I do pass in a limited set of properties to
sub-builds, and I use <propertyset> for that. --DD