ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: PropertySet use in macro
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:52:28 GMT
> From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
>
> That's big, without having read this followup let me
> go from what I got from your initial query:  You'd
> like to be able to automagically assign properties to
> <macrodef> attributes, right?  This is kind of insane
> but I sort of like it, especially given the fact that
> a <propertyset> can contain a <mapper>.  I might play
> with adding this unless Peter or someone else has a
> strong objection to its inclusion.

Hmmm, I don't think I like this idea. This is populating
the attributes of a task (or group of tasks) implicitly
from properties which can be defined anywhere, including
in external properties files.

It's a bit like <javac attributefile="some-file.properties" />

With some-file.properties that contains:
debug = true
listfiles = false

And automagically it's equivalent to

<javac debug="true" listfiles="false" />

Very obscure and weird in fact. No, I don't like it.
Not sure if I'd be -1 yet, but I'm pretty close.

Properties should be properties,
and task attributes task attributes. --DD