ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sam Masiello" <smasie...@mxlogic.com>
Subject RE: Chainedmapper question -- going crazy!
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 06:04:29 GMT

I thought of the flattenmapper problem after I had submitted my post, but unfortunately it
didn't help my situation any.

>From reading the documentation though, if you have a number of files and directories in:

/home/sam/mycvsdir

and you want to copy them to:

/my/production/directory

then you need to use a chainedmapper.  Is this not true? If not, how can I accomplish it?
 I beat my head against this thing for several hours today before deciding that I wasn't going
to get this without some help :)  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.  I can provide
more info or a more complete example, if you would like, but this is the crux of the issue.

--Sam

________________________________

From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thu 9/2/2004 4:22 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Chainedmapper question -- going crazy!

Without a more complete example I'm not 100% sure, but
from what I can see so far you don't need any mapper
at all, if all you want to do is copy a fileset from
one directory to another.  Additionally, you can't
chain a flattenmapper to a globmapper that is intended
to change directory information and expect it to work;
the flattenmapper removes all leading directory
information, so the globmapper would never match
anything.

HTH,
Matt