ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sam Masiello" <smasie...@mxlogic.com>
Subject Chainedmapper question -- going crazy!
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 22:15:24 GMT

I am about at wits end trying to figure out how to get chainedmapper to
work and I was hoping you could offer some assistance.

In searching the archives, it looks like this is the proper syntax to
use chainedmapper:

<copy ...>
  <mapper>
    <chainedmapper>
      <flattenmapper />
    </chainedmapper>
  </mapper>
</copy>

My goal is to take a CVS checkout that I have in my home directory and
copy the files to another directory where I will actually do my build
from.  The problem is that the name of the directory that the CVS
checkout is in is not the same as the destination directory.  It seemed
like chainedmapper was the answer to my problems, but I can't seem to
get it to work.  Here is what I have:

<copy todir="${myProdDir}" verbose="true">
  <fileset dir="${myCVSDir}" />
  <mapper>
    <chainedmapper>
      <flattenmapper />
      <globmapper from="${myCVSDir}/*" to="${myProdDir}" />
    </chainedmapper>
  </mapper>
</copy>

myCVSdir is my cvs checkout directory which sits in my home directory.
myProdDir is a directory deeper within the directory tree from my home
dir.  It is where I need to copy the files from myCVSDir to in order to
do my build.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated as I am beating my
head into the wall on this.

Thanks a *LOT*!

--Sam