ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: AW: Prepend licence information to every source file
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:36:56 GMT
First you have to decide what you want to have inside your sourcetree:
sources
with or withoug license headers.

a) with license header
   Like in the Ant project only source files with a valid license header are
allowed
   in the source tree (only a few exceptions in the sandbox). We use
Checkstyle to
   find sources whithout the required header.

b) without license header
   Provide the license file on a common place (e.g. <root>/license.txt) and
apply that
   to the files while creating the distribution. (using ConcatFilter like
you have done).
   Because the files for the distro are NOT the same as in the SCM, you are
working with
   temp files. Your scenario would be something like that:
       collect files:  copy with concatfilter from src dir to temp dir (e.g.
build/src)
       compile:        inside temp dir (e.g. build/classes, build/testcases)
       test:           using junit
       javadoc:        using javadoc inside temp dir (e.g. build/api)
       jar:            using jar
       distro:         using zip including the jar, (temp)src and api

Jan