ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: Ant documentation
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:18:31 GMT
> I wonder if there is/was any effort to translate Ant
> documentation in French ?

There is no effort I am aware off.
The problem - like on any OS software system - is that on releases the
translation must be edited, too.

> How can one contribute ?

Start a new project on sourceforge ... :)
Or in Ants wiki ...

> Is there a "raw" documentation format, or must it be
> translated from the site's HTML pages ?

Most (nearly all) is done in plain HTML. Only the homepage is generated via
Velocity from xml files
(/xdocs). We are playing with generating the manual with
XDoclet+Velocity/somethingElse from sources
and mergefiles (src-distro: proposal/xdocs), e.g. the <subant> manual page
is generated.

> Any related information appreciated :)

If you want to start a translation (there was a question on Portuguese
before I think), you should
join the DEV list and have an eye on mail with subject "cvs commit". So
you´ll get notified on changes,
e.g. manual changes.

> Second, I was just thinking it might be great to improve the
> Ant documentation system on the site, to integrate a
> user-editable (wiki-like ?) zone on each page, like the PHP
> doc. It is usually of great help as the community provides a
> lot of good advices and precisions there.
> I know it would require some hard work; do you think it would
> be worth the sweat ?

We have a WIKI already.
Because the manual is part of the distro, the PMC has to have an eye on it.
Thats why the manual
is not a WIKI (we had discussed that earlier).

Jan