ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: How to organize project properties.
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 05:09:04 GMT
The source distro contains an "embed" directory [1] where someone played
(a long time ago) with iterating over xml using xpath. What it does:
- create a new PropertyHelper (datatype)
- register that (using a task)
- use a special property syntax
  ${  prefix  :  xmldocument  /  xpath}
  ${jxpath:/references/module.xml/root/module/project[1]/@name}

Last year (or so) I played with that and got good results. Last time when
I did that I got only errors. But I havent spent more time on that, so I
dont know if it works any more ... but you should have a look

A complete different way would be trying to create a list of values
(value1;value2;...) so you could use AntContribs for/foreach task. Maybe you
could print out the props into a file using <echoproperties> with prefix,
then
using <replaceregexp> for changing the ${line.separator} to ";" ...

Jan

[1] http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ant/proposal/embed/