ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erskine, Chris" <chris.ersk...@eds.com>
Subject RE: Out of memory
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:47:43 GMT
Thanks.  Forking the task seems to have solved the problem.

Chris Erskine

EDS Consulting Services
F5-EDS-001
2424 Garden of the Gods Rd
Colorado Springs, CO  80919

Phone: 719-535-6064

Phone:
mailto:chris.erskine@eds.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Daniels, Doug [mailto:Doug.Daniels@gdc4s.com]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 8:04 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: AW: Out of memory

I have a project that compiles on a fresh build around 1600+ java files, and
then builds about 5 auxillary projects of around 200-500 java files a piece,
and we used to get out of memory errors when doing a straight <javac...>,
here is how I fixed it.

<!-- fork the compile task and give it 1gb of memory to use -->
     <javac srcdir="${ProjSrc}" classpathref="project.classpath"
debug="true"
            fork="true" memoryMaximumSize="1024m" includeAntRuntime="false">

<!-- compiles project source -->
	<include name="**/*.java" />
     </javac>

You can tweak the memoryMaximumSize, if you don't want to just throw 1GB at
it.

Also look out for links in your javac source path, I know I've spent a
couple hours looking around for an error and realized there was a recursive
link in the path that ANT would continuously loop over it.