ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <>
Subject Re: Taskdef classpath problem
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:19:07 GMT
Can you come up with a small build file + sources that shows the problem.

There are a number of issues with classpath and taskdefs, but it should be
possible to workaround your problem.

Guru Balse wrote:

>Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.  In an effort to keep the build and test
environments clean, we diligently blanked out the classpath and used a refid everywhere to
point to the correct classpath (in <taskdef>, <java>, etc.)
>The strange problem we are facing is that even though we can clearly see class X.Y.Z in
the classpath (through refid and a java program that inspects jars/zips in the classpath),
the task code dies with a ClassNotFound.
>If we set the env classpath to the same string obtained by echoing the classpath that
the taskdef sees, then everything works fine!
>Looks like there may be a bug in the taskdef class loading algo?
>Has anyone seen this?  Any workarounds?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: