ant-user mailing list archives

From Guru Balse <guru.ba...@oracle.com>
Subject Taskdef classpath problem
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 21:13:42 GMT
Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.  In an effort to keep the build and test environments
clean, we diligently blanked out the classpath and used a refid everywhere to point to the
correct classpath (in <taskdef>, <java>, etc.)

The strange problem we are facing is that even though we can clearly see class X.Y.Z in the
classpath (through refid and a java program that inspects jars/zips in the classpath), the
task code dies with a ClassNotFound.

If we set the env classpath to the same string obtained by echoing the classpath that the
taskdef sees, then everything works fine!

Looks like there may be a bug in the taskdef class loading algo?

Has anyone seen this?  Any workarounds?

Thanks.