ant-user mailing list archives

From Alan Jaynes <alan.jay...@sri.com>
Subject Re: setting environment in external properties file
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:52:30 GMT
jeff-

i am still loading build.xml first, don't worry!  : )   the problem is i
am referring to one common config.properties file from several dozen
build files and i would rather change the one than all  so, to that end,
i am curious if the <property environment="env" /> can be accomplished
in that outside file.

alan

Jeff Davidson wrote:

>I don't think you can get around loading build.xml first, can you?  Your
>config.properties is nothing on its own, and only gets loaded when you
>tell it to at the top of your build.xml.
>
>So, Doug's suggestion would be something like:
>
><property environment="env" />
><property file="config.properties" />
>
>That would make the "env" prefix available for use (later) within
>config.properties.
>
>I did actually think of another possible solution: launch Ant, passing
>in the environment variable you want:
>
>ant -Dmy.var=%MY_ENV_VAR%
>
>...then when you load config.properties that environment variable
>property is already defined.
>
>Cheers,
>~Jeff

of the individuals to which this e-mail is addressed and is to be reviewed and used exclusively
for authorized company purposes.  This transmission may contain proprietary, confidential
or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, you
are hereby notified that any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or taking
of any action in reliance upon the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you believe you may have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by return email and delete or destroy the original message and/or any copy of
it from your computer system and/or your files.  Thank you.