ant-user mailing list archives

From Emmanouil Batsis <Emmanouil.Bat...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: Best way to run Ant without installing it?
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:31:36 GMT
Hi Ivan,
Thanks for your reply.

Ivan Ivanov wrote:

>A simple scenario will be to extract ant to a
>directory point by user, keep the name of that
>directory as a (environment) variable say
>ANT_INSTALL_DIR and later invoke it from your script
>files as $ANT_INSTALL/bin/ant.

Yup, i already do that, but the only way i could make it work is by
modifying the ant.bat and ant.sh to set ANT_HOME and PATH accordingly.
However, this has some drawbacks:

* it would be better not to mess with a frustrated user's env properties
;-) and
* modifications to Ant distribution files should be avoided
(maintainance etc)

So I'm looking for the best way to make this work without the above by
calling some class directly instead of a script.

Thanks,

Manos