ant-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Surry <Patrick.Su...@quadstone.com>
Subject ant-contrib Performance Monitor listener crashes in some cases (parallel?)
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:05:26 GMT
I've been trying to use the ant-contrib Performance Monitor listener, which
seems very handy.  But I am getting NullPointerExceptions in some cases -
indeed even with the same build script, some targets and some initial
conditions will build fine, other times I'll get a failure as below.  I am
using the <parallel> container in the case where it dies, don't know if that's
the issue?  Before I spend too much time trying to figure it out I wondered if
others had encountered it.

I am using Ant 1.6.1 and ant-contrib-1.0b1 (same issue with ant-contrib-0.6)

Thanks,
Patrick

AntPeformanceListener.java:106 corresponds (I think) to this code - could
target.getProject() return null somehow? (I am looking at CVS at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ant-contrib/ant-contrib/src/net/sf/antcontrib/perf/AntPerformanceListener.java?rev=1.3

)

             if ( target.getProject().getName() != null )
                 sb.append( target.getProject().getName() ).append( "." );

java.lang.NullPointerException
         at net.sf.antcontrib.perf.AntPerformanceListener.buildFinished(AntPerfor
manceListener.java:106)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.fireBuildFinished(Project.java:1797)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:183)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:197)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:56)
exiting with status 1