ant-user mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject Re: Build experts in the UK?
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 05:17:06 GMT
jb@buildmonkey.com wrote ..
> Apologies for the wide alias, but I know from experience that this is the
> best place to look.
>
> We are looking to hire a couple of people in the UK who are experts in
> build management.  Ant (obviously) the skill at the top of the list, CVS
> is next, and any experience of scripting (Perl / shell).
>
> Knowing how to write java is a bonus, as is C/C++.
>
> Knowledge of Linux / Unix is also a bonus.
>
> We are looking for both contractors and salaried people - right terms for
> the right people.
>
> This is London-based, but there may be a need to travel.

>Sorry, but we cannot sponsor work permits, so only those able to work in
> the UK need apply.

I am currently build manager for CityTime...for www.saic.com in NYC (though I lived in london
for 12 years...I now have home base in Prague). The project has about 120 developers, its
the largest J2EE implementation going on in the state...and its huge in scope. I have deep
exp in all the technologies u mention.

I have been in the software commercially for 18 years now, and find myself as a troubleshooter
'parachuting' into large scale projects and trying to get them under control with continuous
integration and all the major XP principles with a dash of solid build management.

more information prob be able to respond more.

regards, Jim Fuller