ant-user mailing list archives

From jful...@ruminate.co.uk
Subject Re: RSS feeds from build
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:59:44 GMT
Euan Guttridge <EGuttridge@buildonline.com> wrote ..
> Hi,
>
> I would like to incorporate RSS feeds in each build. For example developers
> should be able to see what stage (task) each build is at in almost real-time
> by checking an RSS reader. It appears there has been some work on this
> in
> 2003 but nothing implementable (by a mere sysadmin) produced.
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=106085924431880&w=2
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.

the quickest route would be to generate an xml log using <record> task...I think you
have to patch Ant though to do this

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=109093634332699&w=2

then you may start and stop recording...and once you have stopped it then you can apply an
XSLT transform using <style> task which converts xml log into RSS.

gl, Jim Fuller