ant-user mailing list archives

From Kyle Korndoerfer <kkorndoer...@yahoo.com>
Subject errors using strutsvalidationxml subtask
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:48:49 GMT
XDoclet v1.2.1
Ant v1.6.1

I'm trying to use the strutsvalidationxml subtask of webdoclet to
qutomatically generate the validation.xml file for my forms (some are
auto-generated from my EJB's, other a written by hand), but when the
task executes, I get the following error...

[webdoclet] org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element "formset" requires
additional elements.

When I look into the generated validation.xml file, it is essentially
blank...

--- VALIDATION.XML
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Commons Validator Rules Configuration 1.0//EN"
"http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd">

<form-validation>
  <!--
    Define global validation config in validation-global.xml
  -->
  <formset>
  </formset>
</form-validation>
-- VALIDATION.XML

So, it looks like the strutsvalidationxml tag is not processing, or for
some reason finding, my Form classes.

Here is a snippet from my build.xml just in case there is a problem
there...

--- BUILD.XML
<webdoclet force="true"
        destdir="${gen.etc.home}"
        mergedir="${meta-data.home}">

    <fileset dir="${src.home}">
        <!-- standard source files -->
        <include name="**/*Form.java" />
        <include name="**/*Action.java" />
        <include name="**/Log4jInit.java" />
    </fileset>
    <fileset dir="${gen.src.home}">
        <!-- xdoclet-generated source files -->
        <include name="**/form/*Form.java" />
    </fileset>

    <deploymentdescriptor ... />

    <jbosswebxml ... />

    <strutsconfigxml ... />

    <strutsvalidationxml
        destDir="${gen.etc.home}/WEB-INF/conf"
        validateXML="true" />
</webdoclet>
--- BUILD.XML

Anybody have any ideas? I have been unable to locate the source of the
problem for a while now.

Thanks in advance!

-={ Kyle }=-