ant-user mailing list archives

From Angeshwar Deepak <angesh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with <var> task
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 08:45:41 GMT
Hi,

I tried a very simple example

<var name="x" value="6"/>
    <if name="x" value="6">
        <var name="x" value="12"/>
    </if>
    <echo>${x}</echo>   <!-- will print 12 -->

and i get the error.

D:\deepak\buildProcess_2\_release\etc\forrest.xml:31:
Class net.sf.antcontrib.logic.IfTask doesn't support
the nested "var" element.

so propably the ant-contrib version is wrong, but all
the if and for loops works fine. has anyone so far
used the var task and got such an error, if so which
version r u using?

if i use
<var name="x" unset="true"/>
statement, then i get a different error.

 The <var> type doesn't support the "unset" attribute.

I am using ant-contrib-1.0b1, i have also tried with
older versions.
Someone kindly suggest me some solution.

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.

Angeshwar Deepak <angeshwar@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I am using a var task to reset the value of a property
inside a for loop. Since a new value will be taken by
property I have to reset it somehow. I am also using
task to check for the presence of file.

The  type doesn't support the "unset" attribute.-->

Can some one kindly tell me whats wrong with the var
task I am using, all I want to do is to unset the
property name p1 so that it can be used again in the
forloop.

Even a simple example is not working, i copied the
example

${x}

${x}

from http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/
for this again I get the same error
The type doesn't support the "unset" attribute.

Whats the problem. I am using ant1.6.2 and I also have
the ant-contrib jar in classpath.

bye,
with regards,
Deepak.