ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject local properties note WAS PropertySet use in macro
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:10:35 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> The fact that you can do something doesn't mean we
> should
> be doing it. Whatever you are trying to do you think
> needs
> such a hack, you'd better consider writing custom
> tasks for.

That's awfully hardline.  :)  One thing that did occur
to me that is kind of a negative is that the
<propertyset> is not a child of <macrodef>, but a
child of the MacroInstance.

This brings me back to local properties.  So when (!)
the <local> patch goes in, an optional usage could be
to omit the name and value attributes, instead
specifying a <propertyset>.  This would only make
sense with a <mapper>, but wouldn't hurt anything
without.

Now, then...

-Matt