ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: PropertySet use in macro
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:12:49 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
[SNIP]
> It's a bit like <javac
> attributefile="some-file.properties" />
> With some-file.properties that contains:
> debug = true
> listfiles = false
> And automagically it's equivalent to
> <javac debug="true" listfiles="false" />
>
> Very obscure and weird in fact. No, I don't like it.
> Not sure if I'd be -1 yet, but I'm pretty close.

Weird, yes... I said it was insane.  But it doesn't
look like it would be particularly dangerous to anyone
who didn't want to use it.  To keep things in
perspective, I will say that I think local properties
would allow you to do most if not all of what you
could do with this.  So if we get local properties
this becomes unimportant.

-Matt