ant-user mailing list archives

From "Roberto Juarez" <rjua...@omnilogic.es>
Subject RE: problems with <junit> task
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:44:37 GMT
I agree with you, though our team uses a different strategy. We have a CVS module of jars where
we control the libraries we use. We do not like to put junit.jar inside ANT_HOME/lib because
there could be the need for another copy of the junit.jar file in the lib directory of another
tool, ending with lots of junit.jars files spread over many locations. Instead we prefer to
download the jars module and have the scripts, launchers or whatever point to the right file
in the local copy of the jars module. Most of our computers have no CLASSPATH at all and every
script or launcher builds its own classpath. In the case we have been dealing with I have
a small shell script that sets the CLASSPATH to what is needed. When I fixed the line that
forgot to put junit.jar in the CLASSPATH everything was allright.

Cheers.

Roberto.