ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vadim Kazakov" <Vad...@quadrus.com>
Subject RE: Split build file
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:03:56 GMT
That's interesting I didn't know about this task. I just use the <ant>
task to access other files.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Rich [mailto:brich@webmethods.com]
Sent: August 31, 2004 6:36 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Split build file

You can import files to add targets to the available set. I have several
Ant
files that I have used to organize my targets because they just got to
much
for one file. In my files I do the following:

l10nproj.xml
 <import file="${env.LEVTOOLSDIR}/L10NProcess/L10NProcess.xml"/>

L10NProcess.xml
 <import file="${env.LEVTOOLSDIR}/L10NProcess/L10NProcess-macros.xml"/>
 <import file="${env.LEVTOOLSDIR}/L10NProcess/L10NProcess-tasks.xml"/>

L10NProcess-tasks.xml
 <import
file="${env.LEVTOOLSDIR}/L10NProcess/L10NProcess-toktasks.xml"/>
 <import
file="${env.LEVTOOLSDIR}/L10NProcess/L10NProcess-detoktasks.xml"/>
 <import file="${env.LEVTOOLSDIR}/L10NProcess/L10NProcess-p4tasks.xml"/>

I only copy l10nproj.xml into the directory where the project files are
stored and run it from there. When I run ant on the l10nproj.xml file
all of
the targets in all the files that are imported are available as though
they
were in the l10nproj.xml file. Of course you must be careful to have
unique
names for all the targets so there is no confusion as to which one you
are
referring to.

There is no automatic "jumping" into an imported file but you should be
able
to figure out a target that will do what you want. You might check out
<for>
in antContrib if you want to loop through a bunch of test cases. Or
perhaps,
just using depends on a master target will also work.

HTH
Bill