ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sarika Sahni" <ssa...@simdesk.com>
Subject Error starting modern compiler
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:49:04 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Ant and am trying to compile some java sources on Linux. I have
the ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME and ANT_OPTS setup correctly on Linux machine but
compiling the Java sources keeps giving me the error "Error starting modern
compiler" followed by system out of resources: Java.land.outOfMemoryError. I
tried changing the heap allocation size via the ANT_OPTS parameter varying
from -Xmx256M to -Xmx600M, but to no avail.

I can get my Java sources to compile fine on the Windows machine with heap
size -Xmx256M. Also, I can compile my CPP sources fine on Windows and Linux
setup using Make. Wonder what is wrong with my system configuration for Java
compile on Linux.

I appreciate any help on this and sorry to repeat it this has already been
posted in past.

Thanks,
Sarika