ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help: NPE from DefBase.java
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:16:10 GMT
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, James Huang <judoscript@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I posted this last Saturday, and still haven't resolved it. Could
> someone help?

Looks as if you must manually invoke init on the task instance.

>>      Task task = proj.createTask("taskdef");

at this point, at least before you invoke execute.

>>            createdLoader = this.cpDelegate.getClassLoader(); <--

cpDelegate is null until init() has been called in Ant 1.6.2.

Ant's CVS HEAD is a lot better in this regard since all direct access
to cpDelegate has been removed in favor of a lazy loading
getCpDelegate method, which unfortunately hasn't made its way into Ant
1.6.2.

Stefan