ant-user mailing list archives

From rhonda.br...@lynx.co.uk
Subject Log4j error
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:16:35 GMT
Hi

I have amended our Ant build scripts so that they will checkout specific branches when we
change the property in the properties files.  If I leave the script to checkout the main/head
branch it works fine and compiles with no problems.  If I specify the name of a branch in
the properties file, the checkout part works fine, but I always get this error message when
it gets to the compile stage: -

(This is only part of the error message because it goes on for quite a bit)

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 168 source files to C:\anthilltest\clientframework\build
    [javac] C:\anthilltest\clientframework\source\clientframework\source\com\lynx\comm on\delegate\About.java:17:
package org.apache.log4j does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
    [javac]                         ^
    [javac] C:\anthilltest\clientframework\source\clientframework\source\com\lynx\comm on\delegate\About.java:24:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class Logger
    [javac] location: class com.lynx.common.delegate.About
    [javac]   private static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(Branches.class);
    [javac]                  ^
    [javac] C:\anthilltest\clientframework\source\clientframework\source\com\lynx\fram ework\service\homefactory\LHomeFactoryException.java:41:
cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class Logger
    [javac] location: class com.lynx.framework.service.homefactory.LHomeFactoryException
    [javac]   private static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(com.lynx.framework.service.homefactory.LHomeFactoryExcept
ion.class);
    [javac]                  ^

I have checked and the log4j-1.2.8.jar is in the classpath, I can't see why I am getting this
error.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Rhonda

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("The intended
Recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information which
is privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as
possible.  The views expressed in this communication are not necessarily
those held by LYNX Express Limited.