ant-user mailing list archives

From bhaskar_karambel...@freddiemac.com
Subject How to move a directory ?
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:26:44 GMT
this may sound a bit silly , but I am at my wits end.
I want to move a directory (and all its contents ) from one directory into
another directory

e.g.
 Move dir1 (e.g. /src/dir1) into /dest/dest1. i.e. /dest/dest1/dir1

I have tried the following
<move todir="/dest/dest1" overwrite="true" >
        <fileset dir="/src" includes="dir1/**/*" />
</move>

This does indeed create a /dest/dest1/dir1 with all the contents for dir1,
but it also leaves a empty /src/dir1, back
in the source. How do I get rid of this empty dir ? I don't want to add
another delete statement after the move statement.
I have also tried other stuff, none of which works. any clues ?
thanks