ant-user mailing list archives

From RPea...@360commerce.com
Subject Replacing Text In a File with a Property Value
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:50:42 GMT
The Install Anywhere task does not allow you to pass in variables to be
used within the installer creation. So, I have a bunch of iap_xml files
that have hardcoded install build locations.

I need these to be dynamic because my build system builds official builds
in different locations every time. Also, I don't want my builds tied to
the file system structure.

So, I'm attempting to replace c:\foo\bar with my current installer build
directory stored in ${assemble.dir}. However, the replace target will
explicitly put in ${assemble.dir} instead of c:\real\installer\dir. The
same thing happens with copy and filterchains.

How can I tell Ant to use the value stored in ${assemble.dir} and not the
actual text?

Thanks,

Robert