ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ashish Agnihotri" <aagni...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: A Newbie question ...
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:36:36 GMT
Thanks Ivanov,

I tried the solutions that you suggested, but I continue to get the same
error. Also, I have confirmed that there is no duplicate ant installation on
my UNIX box. What else could be wrong?

- Ashish

-----Original Message-----
From: Ivan Ivanov [mailto:rambiusparkisanius@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 5:42 PM
To: Ant Users List; aagnihot@cisco.com
Subject: Re: A Newbie question ...

Hi,
Could you try with this steps
0)  Check whether you have a preinstalled ant on your
machine. Some Linux distributions come with older ant
version and you might have such installed (assuming
your shell is bash)
1) Export JAVA_HOME to you jdk installation folder
2) Export ANT_HOME and *do not* export classpath
ant starting script is clever enough to configure the
classpath it needs by itself
3) Check your ant with this command
$ANT_HOME/bin/ant -version
it should give you the version of your ant.

If 3) works you can run ant with your build scripts

Ivan
P.S. And when you make ant work you can set it in your
PATH for easier invocation:
export PATH=$PATH:$ANT_HOME\bin