ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <Brian.D...@FMR.com>
Subject RE: using ant to tag a cvs repository
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:07:17 GMT
Use tags to mark significant points in your code base. Use branches to
maintain variations of your code base. Use merge to move code from
branch to branch.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Lybarger [mailto:Mark.Lybarger@CBC-Companies.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 7:29 AM
To: Ant Users List (E-mail)
Subject: using ant to tag a cvs repository

we're using ant tasks to do our qa/production builds. it pulls a
branch/tag from cvs and does what it needs to build the artifact.
currently, we're not "tagging" that build so that we can re-pull that
exact copy out of cvs. i'm not explictly familiar with cvs, so, two
questions.  is tagging what i want to use, or a branch? i don't really
want to branch each time we do a qa build.  does anyone have an example
of a ant cvs task that does what i'm after? here's what we currently use
to do the build:

		<cvs
cvsRoot=":pserver:${cvs.login.username}:${cvs.login.password}@${cvs.serv
er.ip}:${cvs.server.path}"