ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <Brian.D...@FMR.com>
Subject Loadfile not loading file
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:17:14 GMT
I have an executable that does not set the exit code but does put
"ERROR" in its stdout. I'm trying use the loadfile task to load the file
produced by the record task, but loadfile is not setting the property.
Below is a simplified version of my code. Can someone tell me why this
code doesn't work? Is there another way to accomplish this?

   <target name="myexec">
      <record name="log.txt" action="start"/>
      <exec executable="myexec"/>
      <record name="log.txt" action="stop"/>
      <loadfile property="log.property" srcfile="log.txt"/>
      <condition property="log.error">
         <contains string="${log.property}" substring="ERROR"/>
      </condition>
      <fail if="log.error"/>
   </target>