ant-user mailing list archives

From "Inger, Matthew" <In...@Synygy.com>
Subject RE: using ant to tag a cvs repository
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:46:30 GMT
Tagging is what you want.  Branching is not a good idea for every build.
However, when you make a major release, it's usually a good idea to create
a branch for that release so that you can continue to make bug fixes on that
release, while still working on new features on your mainline.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Lybarger [mailto:Mark.Lybarger@CBC-Companies.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 7:29 AM
To: Ant Users List (E-mail)
Subject: using ant to tag a cvs repository

we're using ant tasks to do our qa/production builds. it pulls a branch/tag
from cvs and does what it needs to build the artifact.  currently, we're not
"tagging" that build so that we can re-pull that exact copy out of cvs. i'm
not explictly familiar with cvs, so, two questions.  is tagging what i want
to use, or a branch? i don't really want to branch each time we do a qa
build.  does anyone have an example of a ant cvs task that does what i'm
after? here's what we currently use to do the build:

		<cvs
cvsRoot=":pserver:${cvs.login.username}:${cvs.login.password}@${cvs.server.i
p}:${cvs.server.path}"
			package="${cvs.module}" tag="${tag}"