ant-user mailing list archives

From "Derek Nerenberg" <dnerenb...@healthtrans.com>
Subject RE: junitreport
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:29:11 GMT
Hi James,

Interestingly enough, this didn't solve all my problems, though it did
get me quite a bit closer.  Adding the jars to
%JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/endorsed in itself did not work.  However,
explicitly adding these jars in this location to the %CLASSPATH% from
the CMD line did.  Although the jars were already added to the
%CLASSPATH%, they didn't work simply because they weren't in the
%JAVA_HOME%/jre/lib/endorsed directory.  I'm not sure if anyone else on
the list is interested as to why, but I am, so if you're willing to
elaborate, I'm willing to listen.  I'm sure this is something that will
work much more smoothly when we upgrade to JDK 1.4.

I got the junitreport task working in eclipse 2.1.3 as well.  I'm not
sure exactly what made it work, but here's what I did.  In
%ECLIPSE_HOME%/plugins/org.apache.xerces_4.0.13, copy in the
xml-apis.jar, xercesImpl.jar, and xalan.jar.  Since a xercesImpl.jar
already exists, you might want to make a backup of it before you
overwrite it...your call.  Hack the plugin.xml so you have a runtime
like this:

	<runtime>
		<library name="xercesImpl.jar">
			<export name="*"/>
			<packages prefixes="org.apache,org.w3c.dom"/>
		</library>
		<library name="xalan.jar">
			<export name="*"/>
			<packages prefixes="org.apache,org.w3c.dom"/>
		</library>
		<library name="xml-apis.jar">
			<export name="*"/>
			<packages
prefixes="javax.xml,org.w3c.dom,org.xml.sax"/>
		</library>
	</runtime>

Close out eclipse and start it up again.  I'm not sure if there will be
any problems with the xalan.jar in there (as it wasn't in there
previously), but it works for me right now and I haven't noticed any
conflicts so I'm going to move on.

Thanks,
Derek