ant-user mailing list archives

From "Charles Hudak" <charles.hu...@cardionet.com>
Subject RE: Can Ant exit itself?
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:23:32 GMT
Why do you want user interaction in your build script? It's one thing to
prompt a user for properties but Ant is not a UI and IMHO build scripts
should AUTOMATE your builds, not rely on user interaction and prompting.
This can usually all be done with property files for each build target
(e.g. production, development, etc) that allow user overrides via a file
placed in their home directory. If a user quits in the middle of a
build, was the build really 'Succesful'?