ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Lybarger" <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject using ant to tag a cvs repository
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:29:19 GMT
we're using ant tasks to do our qa/production builds. it pulls a branch/tag from cvs and does
what it needs to build the artifact.  currently, we're not "tagging" that build so that we
can re-pull that exact copy out of cvs. i'm not explictly familiar with cvs, so, two questions.
 is tagging what i want to use, or a branch? i don't really want to branch each time we do
a qa build.  does anyone have an example of a ant cvs task that does what i'm after? here's
what we currently use to do the build:

		<cvs cvsRoot=":pserver:${cvs.login.username}:${cvs.login.password}@${cvs.server.ip}:${cvs.server.path}"

			package="${cvs.module}" tag="${tag}" dest="${cvs.module.dest}" />

much thanks!
~mark