ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Lybarger" <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject RE: <java fork="true"> does not detect process termination
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:41:58 GMT
    <java jvm="java" classname="weblogic.Server" spawn="true" fork="true" dir="${DOMAIN_DIR}">

If you want the ant script to return from starting the weblogic server, you might want to
try out the spawn attribute of the java ant task.  this sends the process off to run on its
own.  we use this to start our wls servers. one minor problem that we have is that if the
servers don't start, we can't easily see why they didn't start.  we haven't found a way to
see the spawned processes output.  we use the spawn for both admin and managed servers.