ant-user mailing list archives

From "Godin, Philippe" <>
Subject Clearcase update and change log
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:29:07 GMT
Good day,
I'm trying to set up a pc for our nightly builds. This server is using maven to create web
pages for all our different modules. If you guys didn't know maven "script" can integrate
ant scripts to achieve certains goals.
Here's what I'm specifically trying to achieve... Our server runs linux and clearcase. A snapshot
view of the integration stream was mounted on the server. Using ant, maven is able to update
the snapshot view with the latest sources from the integration stream. Maven is used with
the reactor to browse every single module that is needed in our application (component based).

- app
    |_ commons
        |_ communication
        |_ logging
        |_ device
        |_ datamodeling
        |_ [...]
    |_ core
        |_ messages
        |_ [...]
If any changes would have been made to the communication module (example), an ant script would
be started to create a fresh build of the module, deliver it to clearcase and create a new
recommended baseline. BUT if no changes would have been made to the module, the script should
be called at all.
Does any of you have any ideas or pointers on how we could do this? Is there a way to create
/ consult a clearcase change log and act accordingly?