ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject RE: Distributed <junit> task : best practice...
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:22:48 GMT
> From: Alan []
> I'm faced with writing a distributed <junit> task (spread over many
> build files).  I'd like it to send out an email and stop the build
> process if there are test failures but there doesn't seem a simple way
> to do it.  I can't use 'failureProperty' because I'm running the junit
> task in many different directories.
> The only solution I can think of is to use <propertyfile> to write a
> testsFailed property to the root directory and then read it after all
> the tests are complete.
> Is that the best there is or do other people have better solutions?

It sounds like you are taking a difficult and even bizarre approach.

I'd simply have a 'test' target into each individual build files, and
<subant> into them. If any fail, the build will fail.

If by distributed you mean in parallel, I guess you could try <paralle>
with a bunch of <ant> within to call the various 'test' targets, but
that's more complicated.

In any way, there are probably a few options you should explore before
embarking into writing a distributed custom <junit> task. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message