ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: AW: AW: custom task calls classes with logging = NPE
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:37:02 GMT
> Still, I'd like to make the point that the example of the
> task that doesn't extend task probably
> doesn't belong there. Just my opinion of course, but I see it
> as more of a curiosity, possibly of
> interest to advanced user with specific needs, maybe. Is
> there any good reason why anyone would
> want to (need to?) create a task that doesn't extend Task? I
> can't imagine...

That my opinion also. But using the TaskAdapter is the simplest method,
so I added that to the tutorial.

The only reason to use the TaskAdapter I can think about is, that you
have an existing class MyClass, extending another class. And you want
to integrate MyClass into Ant - just write the execute() method.

But usually you´ll write an adapter ...

Jan