ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: programmatically using a fileset and ModifiedSelector
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:06:11 GMT
> I want to scp some files using the ant scp task. I would also like to
> only transfer the files that have been modified. What is the
> best way to
> use the ModifiedSelector on a fileset?
>
> Is it enough to do:
>
> Fileset fileset = new Fileset();
> fileset.setProject(projectObj);
> fileset.addModified(new ModifiedSelector());
> fileset.setDir(dirFile);
>
> Is it the same as:
>
> <fileset dir="some/dir">
>   <modified/>
> </fileset>

Yep ... should be :-)

Usually the TestCases to Ant components is a good source to look for
examples.
Here the org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.ModifiedSelectorTest.

- doDelayUpdateTest
  Instantiates a <modified> with several custom algorithms, ...

> or does anything else need to be done to the ModifiedSelector object?
> Should something else be done to the ModifiedSelector object
> to make it /better/?

Dont know? Any suggestions?
BTW some weeks ago there was an improvement to <modified> according to
performance
and another algorithm. Dont know if its in the 1.6.2, so try it out (maybe
the CVS).

Jan