ant-user mailing list archives

From "Velagapudi, Murali" <>
Subject RE: "classpath" attribute in the "javac" task
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:26:23 GMT

You don't need that classpath attribute, if your sources require any external jars (like xerces.jar)
for compilation then you need to include by keeping the classpath attribue. hope you will
get this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Samar Hossam []
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 5:52 AM
Subject: "classpath" attribute in the "javac" task

Hi everyone,

I am new to Ant and I would like to ask you for help.

I was reading in the Ant's manual when I encountered this example:

<javac srcdir="${src}"

This task compiles all .java files under the ${src} directory, and stores the .class files
in the ${build} directory. The classpath used includes xyz.jar, and compiling with debug information
is on.

My question is: Why do I need to point to a .jar file using the classpath, when I have all
my sources in the ${src} directory and after the compilation I'll get all the classes in the
${build} directory?

I'd appreciate your help.

   Samar Hossam

WEB.DE Video-Mail - Sagen Sie mehr mit bewegten Bildern
Informationen unter:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: