ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject xmlproperty - why no fileset support?
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 05:15:50 GMT

xmlproperty seems to be pretty much what I need with its support of paths
such as <path> and <classpath>.  However, said paths seem to support nested
<pathelement>'s, but not nested <fileset>'s.  Am I right about this or is
there some slightly different syntax to use such as, for instance, <path
pathid="..."> rather than the normal <path id="...">.

Here's an example of what I'd like to have working...

     <path pathid="container.dependencies.path">
         <fileset dir="${lib.home}">
             <include name="*.jar"/>
         </fileset>
     </path>

Is this possible?  If not, is there some working equivalent?  Or have I hit
a dead end?

One other question, is the "location" attribute supposed to generate a
fully qualified file path like it does with <property "${srcdir}"
location="src"/> where ${srcdir} ends up being something like
c:\path\to\build\dir\src, or is "location" merely a keyword which isn't
added to property name, but its value treated as the property value?  My
experience is the latter, but maybe I'm missing something?

Jake