ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject RE: delete dir with wilcard
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 04:28:55 GMT
Related to this, does anyone know how I can delete everything in a
directory, but not the directory itself?  For instance, the following is
equivalent to <delete dir="${targetdir}"/>....

         <delete includeEmptyDirs="true" quiet="true">
             <fileset dir="${targetdir}" defaultExcludes="false"
includes="**/**"/>
         </delete>

But what I'm trying to say is delete everything inside ${targetdir}, not
${targetdir} itself.  I could do the following, but it only works if the
directory is not empty already and it skips deletion of all directories and
files immediately in the current directory if ${targetdir} isn't empty.

         <delete includeEmptyDirs="true">
             <fileset dir="${targetdir}" defaultExcludes="false"
includes="**/**" excludes="*" />
         </delete>

I've got to be missing something obvious.  Anyone?

Jake